Weekly FAQ #4 – Neighbour from hell

Weekly FAQ #4 – Neighbour from hell

Q. A new resident just moved in next door and is making loud noises constantly especially at night. What can I do?

A. The first step is always to approach your neighbour first. If that fails, you should refer this to the Building Manager or Owners Corporation Manager. Your OC may also have Special Rules to govern the noise issue.

For ongoing noise disputes, all residents should lodge a formal complaint against the neighbour. Most noise disputes stop just before or at the grievances committee meetings. You can also refer to the Consumer Affairs Victoria website for more information on complaints.

Victoria Police can assist if you need immediate response regarding the noise complaints.