We offer many professional services in asset management. Our primary services include:
- Coordinating after hours emergency repairs
- Consultation on property maintenance – what and how to maintain common areas
- Maintaining the asset, refurbishing or replacing of common area assets
- Obtaining quotations and contract management – from inception to completion
- Obtaining strata maintenance plan, OH&S and other building reports as required
- Providing recommendations to facility/building management
- Managing Strata Insurance – including lodging insurance claims and obtaining valuation reports
As required under Section 126 of the Owners Corporations Act 2006, we provide a comprehensive and informative annual Manager’s Report for each Owners Corporation on the Manager’s activities during the course of each financial year. The report is circulated to all owners with the Notice of the Annual General Meeting and has been welcomed by many of our clients.
It is our company policy that Minutes of meeting be promptly distributed after a meeting. Whilst not mandatory, we strive to attend all Committee Meetings for we believe in working closely with the Committee as the key to good strata management.
Secretarial & Administrative Services
As part of our service offering, MOCS provides secretarial and administrative services which includes:
- Writing and sending all Owners Corporation correspondences
- Convening and facilitating inaugural, annual and special general meetings
- Convening and facilitating committee meetings
- Managing voting and ballots
- Preparing and conducting owners/residents surveys
- Management of the Owners Corporation Register and Records
- Ensure that the registered rules are communicated and adhered to
- Issuing owners corporation certificates
- Manage accurate records of assets, plans and regulations
Our key Legislative Compliance responsibilities to the strata community/ Owners Corporation are:
- We conduct affairs of the owners corporation in accordance with the legislative requirements under the Owners Corporations Act 2006 and the Regulations to that Act.
- We conduct affairs of the owners corporation in accordance with the legislative requirements under the Sub-division Act 1988 and the Regulations to that Act.
- We conduct affairs of the owners corporation in accordance with the legislative requirements under OH&S legislation.
- We conduct affairs of the owners corporation in accordance with the legislative requirements under any other applicable legislation
- We ensure the safety of all occupants and visitors by consulting fire contractors and ensure all fire equipment at the property are being properly maintained
- Arrange OH&S property reports
- Provide general legislative advice and assistance to the Owners Corporation
We have a team of dedicated and highly experienced accounting staff (CPA) in charge of processing invoices and supplier payments, bank reconciliations, contributions and levy requirements, and to handle member’s query. MOCS’ accounting team also deals with all GST and taxation requirements.
We facilitate individual accounts for each Owners Corporation and produce financial reports in an uncomplicated system generated format. For large developments, we recognise that additional reporting may be required and the preferred reporting method can be tailored to suit your needs. The financial reports are reviewed by experienced accountants prior to distribution to mandate accuracy.
Every lot owners are able to log on to our website to access their individual accounts ledger while the Committee Members will have access to wide range of financial information regarding their Owners Corporations.
Levies that go into arrears can have a significantly negative impact on the budget and cash flow of an Owners Corporation. We monitor the status of levies regularly to ensure all arrears are recovered in a timely manner to reduce the likelihood of arrears becoming significant. MOCS implements an effective recovery process which has been proven effective in recovering arrears from recalcitrant debtors.
Furthermore, our specifically designed recovery process is conducive to the Owners Corporation in ensuring that cash flow is not significantly affected and debt recovery costs to Owners are minimised. The recovery process is also a result of years of accumulated experience and input from legal and recovery experts. Efficient, cost-effective and compliant – that is the MOCS difference.